Maintenance and Electrical Engineer
- New Manufacturing Site
- Great team environment with excellent safety culture
- Pokeno Location
Hynds are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of waste water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
You will perform a key role with the provision of professional Maintenance and Electrical Engineering Services to support to the Group Manufacturing Operations, assistance with Group Engineering best practise and assistance with continuous improvement activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
Electrical Engineering Services
- Responsible for delivering professional engineering design (electrical) services and supporting construction activities
- Responsible for the electrical engineering for full project life cycle- concept to hand-over
- Lead continuous improvement through the maintenance, maintenance planning, national facilities management, quality management system, major and minor capital development
Maintenance input to Manufacturing Excellence
- Support the implementation of the Operational Excellence programs across the business
- Responsible for monitoring and improving delivery on best practise for maintenance, facilities management and electrical engineering
- Develop and implement a maintenance supplier and contractor management program to support the manufacturing excellence program.
- Electrical, Automation and Maintenance contractor Management- including Health& Safety, JSEA'S, Safe Systems of Work implementation
- Be the operational support team lead on all electrical engineering including all electrical project related functions.
- Manage contractor SOW, variations and within agreed timelines.
- Develop internal reporting systems that track performance trends and can be used by line managers to monitor performance and variability
- Develop process improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity
Management of Change
- Utilise Management of Change process to manage design changes and evaluate alternatives
Health & Safety
- Assist in developing and implementing Safe Work Procedures that support the safe implementation of any project activities and/or maintenance works nationally
What you will bring to Hynds:
- Professional electrical engineering degree
- 5+ years' experience with maintenance planning and scheduling
- Experience in the setting up and implementing preventative maintenance programmes
- Experience with H&S/JSEA/SSW/5S
- Experience with carrying out commissioning plant and equipment
- Experienced in electrical design and construction
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with problem solving and risk identification tools such as HAZOP, RCA, ACR, JSEA, etc.
- Experience preparing SOPs/5S.
- Experience in root cause failure analysis and process steam optimisation.
- Be familiar with the use of Mainpac software or other CMMS
- Experience in facilities (Asset) management
Why join Hynds:
- Be a part of a new site and team environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing training and development
- Easy, on-site parking
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a New Zealand success story and see your work make a real impact. Interested? Apply Now!