- New Manufacturing Site
- Great team environment with excellent safety culture
- Pokeno Location
Hynds are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of waste water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
Hynds is committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
You will perform a key role supporting the Group Manufacturing Operations assisting with Group engineering best practise and assistance with continuous activities.
Overall your key responsibilities will be:
Civil and Structural Engineering Services
- Responsible for delivering professional engineering design (civil and structural) and managing site works, budgets, project resources and QA.
- Compile project specification documentation, supervise tendering procedures and contractor/tender evaluations
- Liaise with internal customers and a variety of external professionals, including architects and subcontractors
- Support the implementation of the Operational Excellence Programme across the business
- Contractor Management including Health & Safety, JSEA's, Safe Systems of work Implementation including evaluating contractor capabilities, monitoring project costs and facilitating performance Measures.
- Assist in developing the implementation of best practise policies, procedures and standardisation for, plant and equipment, preventive maintenance, national facilities management, quality management system, major and minor capital development
Health & Safety
- Assist the National Manager to drive and foster a safety conscious culture throughout the business in developing and implementing Safe Work Procedures that support the safe implementation of any project activities and/or maintenance works nationally
What you will bring to Hynds:
- Professional Civil Engineering degree
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with H&S/JSEA/SSW/5S
- Experience in conducting Risk Assessments
- Prior experience with the development of Permit Systems
- Familiar with problem solving and risk identification tools such as HAZOP, RCA, ACR, JSEA, etc.
- Experience preparing SOPs/5S.
Why join Hynds:
- Be a part of a new site and team environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing training and development
- Easy, on-site parking
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a New Zealand success story and see your work make a real impact. Interested? Apply Now!