Autocast Operators - night shift
- Night shift hours range between 6pm - 6am, starting Monday night to Friday night
- Flexibility required as training provided during day shift for approx. 2-3 months
- Based at our new manufacturing site in Pokeno
Hynds are currently seeking Autocast Operators for the night shift at our new manufacturing site in Pokeno. Reporting to the Supervisor, this role will be responsible for maintaining output of concrete products, monitoring and maintenance requirements within the Autocast division.
Role responsibilities includes:
- Follow production schedules and meet targets
- Use the state of art automation equipment to produce concrete products to the required standard
- Conduct daily cleaning and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Follow all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on equipment
What you will bring:
- Intermediate level computer skills with familiarity of PLC and automated controls an advantage
- Previous experience with mechanical and automated equipment and maintenance regimes
- Ability to monitor and continually improve production efficiencies while performing to the highest standard
- Ability to read technical drawings an advantage, but training can be provided for the right candidate
- Able to work to production schedules and meet targets
- Flexible with being able to work on your own and within a team environment
- Excellent personal time keeping skills
- Able to learn quickly over a variety of equipment
- Able to work in confined spaces and at heights
Who we are:
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of waste water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive wage rate
- Southern Cross medical cover (after 6 months)
- Full PPE provided
- Opportunity to be part of a team at a brand-new manufacturing site
- Be part of a values focussed and supportive environment
- Career, learning and development opportunities
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing company and see your work make a real impact at our new manufacturing site in Pokeno. Interested? Apply now!