Extrusion Team Leader - Waters & Farr
Extrusion Team Leader (rotating Day & Afternoon shift)
- Growing and dynamic company
- Market leader in PE & PP pipe systems
- A challenging and rewarding role
Sitting within the Hynds Group, Waters & Farr Limited is a market leading New Zealand manufacturer of quality polyethylene and polypropylene pipe systems. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your manufacturing operations leadership to enhance the company's reputation and success further.
Reporting to the Extrusion Shift Manager, you will provide leadership to a manufacturing team of 7. We anticipate you will be up for a challenge and keen to achieve and exceed our customers' expectations.
- Leading your Shift Team to achieve daily production objectives, ie. safe delivery of production to plan, on-time, in full, to the expected quality & Standard.
- Accurate and timely recording of extrusion line data and reporting variances to plan
- Coaching and training of team members to deliver production objectives
- Lead team meetings and effectively communicate team goals/targets/results
- Promote accountability for actions and work alongside staff to deliver outcomes
- Assist management to develop and deliver plans to improve production efficiency
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment within the production department
- Ensuring your team complies with all company policies & procedures
- Involvement in Health & Safety activities, investigations and corrective actions
Experience and attributes:
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment (preferably in plastic pipe extrusion)
- Previous people management skills/experience desirable
- Able to build effective team dynamics and a positive work culture
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to interpret systems & processes
- Prioritize Health & Safety taking a "Lead by Example" approach
- Self motivated with a positive "can do" attitude
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter looking for a chance to prove themselves in a fast-paced, results-focused environment. If you're ready to step up to your next challenge, apply now.