Senior Civil Drafter
- Bring your Precast Concrete Experience
- Family Owned Business
- East Tamaki Location
You will be responsible for the production of shop drawings, 3D drawings, implementation of enhanced systems and procedures with a focus on improving productivity and the quality of drawings. Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting standards for CAD drawings and drafting
- Development and implementation of BIM/3D based Civil/Structural drafting
- CAD Drawing and detailing of precast concrete components and structures
- Preparation of bending schedules
- Design of simple precast concrete components and structures
- Supporting sales and service teams in the delivery of engineered solutions.
What you will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience working with precast reinforced concrete
- Experience with BIM/3D civil/structural drafting - Inventor (or Solid Works or similar)
- AutoCAD Drafting (with Dynamic Block Creation) skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - demonstrate high levels of professionalism with attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, take direction and adapt easily to new situations
- A keen interest in our industry
- Confident and efficient on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook etc).
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical cover (after 6 months)
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities.
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a growing company and see your work make a real impact.