Forklift Operator - Pokeno (night shift)
- Great hourly rate!
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Work local in Pokeno
Hynds are currently seeking an all-round Yard Person/Forklift Operator for our night shift at our manufacturing site in Pokeno. Reporting to the Yard Supervisor, this role will be accountable for ensuring the delivery of prompt and efficient loads while ensuring a safe working environment. The night shift starts at 6pm, Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday based on production requirements.
- Reviewing and completing the daily task report for the forklift
- Delivering products by operating the forklift around the site
- Receiving inwards goods
- Cleaning of forklift as and when required
- Assisting with general yard duties
- Ad-hoc support of the other yard staff
- Following all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on vehicles
- Class 1 with F OSH endorsements essential
- Class 2 with tickets US-3789 & US-27511 an advantage with training available for the right candidate
- 1-2 years recent forklift operating experience
- Knowledge operating a 5 - 8 tonne forklift
- Work experience within construction/building industry preferred
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Competent in communicating in English (verbal and written)
- Strong commitment to safety, health & environmental responsibilities
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of waste water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive wages
- Southern Cross medical cover (after 6 months)
- All PPE provided
- Opportunity to be part of a team at a brand-new manufacturing site
- Be part of a values focussed and supportive environment
- Career, learning and development opportunities
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing company and see your work make a real impact at our new manufacturing Factory in Pokeno. Interested? Apply now!