Maintenance Planner/Supervisor - Pokeno
- Hands on role offering variety and challenge
- Work in our world first industry leading manufacturing environment based in Pokeno
- A unique career opportunity and challenge
We are seeking a talented maintenance professional to take on the challenge of Maintenance Planner/Supervisor at our manufacturing facility at Pokeno. In this position, you will support the delivery of planned, preventative and reactive maintenance activities on the Pokeno site.
Our Pokeno site is our newest and largest manufacturing site and marks an exciting period of innovation, efficiency, and quality improvements within Hynds. You will be key player in planning and ensuring the execution of the preventative maintenance efforts, which are instrumental in achieving and improving plant reliability. You will be continually improving and refining the predictive and preventative maintenance activities in the maintenance system. You will use your strong mechanical background for hands one organisation of internal and external resources. There will be some rostered weekend work required.
Key objectives will include:
- Plan and schedule planned maintenance activities utilising the maintenance system (Mainpac)
- Develop and apply safe systems of work for maintenance work
- Track completion of maintenance work and report key data and performance indicators
- Organise and supervise work packages in planned maintenance outages.
- Procure and manage the material and parts supply for the maintenance function.
What you will bring:
- Qualified Mechanical technician - Mechanical Trade Certificate and NZCE or Dip Mech Eng is preferred
- 10 years' NZ manufacturing industry experience with a minimum of 3 years' experience as maintenance planner for a highly automated manufacturing plant (can include mining process plants)
- Experience with developing and implementing preventative maintenance procedures, schedules, coordinating and planning maintenance shuts and improvements
- A track record in maintaining high health & safety standards within a team and incorporating improvements into plant and equipment
- Ability to effectively lead and safely supervise team members and contractors on site
- Proficient with developing and using CMMS Software ideally Mainpac or else MEX, SAP, Maximo
- Excellent communication skills to engage stakeholders
- Full Driving Licence
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration including Southern Cross medical cover
- Be part of a values focussed and supportive environment
- Career, learning and development opportunities
This position offers a unique career opportunity and challenge that you won't find anywhere else in New Zealand.