Health, Safety & Environment Business Partner - Christchurch
- A successful NZ family business
- Transformational change opportunity
- Key Business Partner position
We are seeking to appoint a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Business Partner to champion and partner with the business through a transformational change in health, safety & environment within the South Island region. This role is to be based in Hornby, Christchurch.
Reporting to the Executive Manager for HSE & Quality, you will be responsible for embedding the Group HSE strategy across our sites in the South Island. You will partner and foster sustainable relationships with our manufacturing, sales and distribution leaders across the Hynds Group network to ensure the success of our journey. You will take shared ownership for the delivery of key improvements to manage critical risks, grow and nurture capability, sustain culture, embed standards and systems, and drive continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior advisory or specialist HSE position
- Tertiary qualified in either a health, safety or environmental discipline
- Technical/manufacturing/construction/supply chain industry background would be considered advantageous
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage and influence competing interests to find a suitable outcome
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders across diverse groups
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives
- Highly self-motivated with a drive to engage with customers and effect change
Who we are:
Hynds are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Tool of trade vehicle
- Southern Cross medical cover (after 6 months)
- Be part of a values focused and supportive environment
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
This is a significant role that will appeal to an experienced HSE practitioner seeking a new challenge, or for someone wanting to take their next step into a diverse role. The position is Christchurch based with a requirement to spend significant time interacting with your internal customers throughout the South Island and regular interactions with the HSE & Quality team in Auckland.
To apply, please click APPLY NOW or visit hyndsjobs.co.nz to complete the prerequisite online application form. Please direct confidential inquiries to James Willoughby.