Customer Service - Petone
- Front Counter Watermain Focused Role
- Join a high-performing team
- Bouverie St. location
We are seeking a team player to provide exceptional customer service to our clients within civil, water, wastewater and drainage industries market. This is not your average reactive customer service role. In this role, you will work closely with our Water Team and Branch Manager as the ‘go-to' Watermain specialist person in the branch with a focus on developing customer relationships and building customer confidence through product knowledge and benefits.
Responsibilities will also include front counter sales, phone enquiries, customer service, stock control, sales and quotes, assisting with deliveries and the loading/unloading of customer vehicles, and the general operations within our busy Petone branch.
What you will bring to Hynds:
- Experience working in the water industry with knowledge of our products and how they work is advantageous
- Previous front line / front counter customer service experience
- A keen interest in our industry
- Good level of computer literacy
- Current full driver's license
- A Forklift license (F endorsement) is advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - demonstrate high levels of professionalism and attention to detail
- You will be self-confident and you will be able to approach, engage and build relationships with customers
- A reasonable level of physical fitness as there is some heavy lifting required
- Be available for rostered after hours call outs.
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical insurance
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment medical and alcohol & drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.