Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor - Pokeno
- A newly created practical HSE position
- Hynds' newest and largest manufacturing facility
- Pokeno Based
We are seeking a proven Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Advisor to provide hands-on practical support to our site teams, so they are engaged to improve their health and safety performance at our manufacturing facility at Pokeno. This role offers an exciting opportunity for manufacturing HSE at one of the most advanced manufacturing facilities of its kind in the world.
Our Pokeno site is our newest and largest manufacturing site and marks an exciting period of innovation, efficiency, and quality improvements within Hynds. In this role, you will be based within the manufacturing operations team and you will work closely with the Group HSEQ team. You will support our teams to effectively apply a range of HSE policies, procedures and protocols, supporting and guiding the completion of HSE reviews and investigations, undertaking critical risk, and providing technically accurate and constructive advice to continually improve the HSE performance of all site teams. Your goal will be to make our Pokeno site the standard-bearer for manufacturing HSE and share this knowledge, expertise and support to other sites.
What you will bring:
- At least 3 years proven experience in a similar operational environment delivering activities that improve awareness, knowledge and application of health and safety policies, procedures and protocols
- You will enjoy getting out on the factory floor providing practical advice, coaching, mentoring and support
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Health, Safety or Environmental discipline with an understanding and practical application of NZ HSE legislation
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to develop strong relationships to drive understanding, engagement and culture change with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM)
- Experience using VAULT is advantageous but not essential
- The ability to quickly pick up existing systems and process
- Full NZ Driver's License
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration with Southern Cross health insurance
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities
- An opportunity to influence and improve the safety of our team members every day
This position offers a unique career opportunity and challenge that you won't find anywhere else in New Zealand.