Autocast Factory Operator - Day Shift
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Based at our new manufacturing facility in Pokeno
- Day shift starting from 7:00 am - Monday to Friday
Hynds are currently seeking an Autocast Factory Operator at our new manufacturing facility in Pokeno. Our Pokeno facility is our newest and largest manufacturing site and marks an exciting period of innovation, efficiency, and quality improvements within Hynds. Reporting to the Factory Manager via the Day Shift Supervisor, this role will be responsible for maintaining the output of concrete pipes, monitoring, and maintenance requirements within the Autocast division.
Role responsibilities include:
- Follow production schedules and targets
- Use state of the art automation equipment to produce quality concrete pipes
- When required, top-up concrete pipes manually
- Conduct daily cleaning and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Following all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on equipment
What you will bring:
- Excellent computer skills with a familiarity of PLC and automated controls an advantage
- Proven experience with mechanical and automated equipment and maintenance regimes
- Able to work to production schedules and meet targets
- Ability to monitor and continually improve production efficiencies while performing to the highest standard
- Flexible with being able to work on your own and within a team environment
- Able to learn quickly over a variety of equipment
- Able to work in confined spaces and at heights with a reasonable level of physical fitness
- Accurate timekeeping with the ability to work to deadlines
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience with NZ manufacturing safety standards
Consideration will be given to the candidates with a minimum of 12 months of relevant experience.
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need legal eligibility to work in NZ.
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration with Southern Cross health insurance
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities
This position offers a unique career opportunity and challenge that you won't find anywhere else in New Zealand.