Maintenance Technician - Hornby
- Hands on role offering variety and challenge
- Work in our busy manufacturing environment
- A unique career opportunity and challenge
We are seeking a proven maintenance professional to take on the challenge of Maintenance Technician at our busy manufacturing facility at Hornby. The main purpose of the role is to support the manufacturing teams to produce high quality product in a timely manner by ensuring plant and mould availability. This role offers an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of all planned, preventative and reactive maintenance activities.
- To support factory with plant maintenance to maximise plant availability and utilisation
- Performing repairs and preventative maintenance routines to minimise breakdowns
- Bringing moulds up to a high standard and maintaining the standard for quality and efficient production
- Ensuring equipment, materials and tools are on hand for work execution
- Answering to production queries and responding to plant breakdown response times
- 'Owning' the issue until the manufacturing teams are happy with the solution
- Assist with the development and application of safe and practical machinery isolation practices
- Demonstrating a positive Health and Safety engagement whilst producing high-quality work
- Manage waste and cost control.
What you will bring to the role:
- Qualified Mechanical Technician - NZCE Mech, or Dip Mech Eng or BE Mech
- Previous experience in a similar role at a manufacturing, industrial or construction site
- Familiar with problem solving and risk identification tools
- Experience preparing SOPs/5S.
- A track record in maintaining high health & safety standards within a team
- Be physically fit
- Be a positive, reliable and supportive team player
- Strong work ethic with a proactive problem-solving approach to work
- Flexible and adaptable to take on tasks as they arise
- Full driving licence is essential and Forklift licence is beneficial but not essential
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need the legal eligibility to work in NZ.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration with Southern Cross health insurance
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
This position offers a unique career opportunity and a challenge where you can make a real impact.