HIAB Driver - Whangarei
- Frontline Truck Driving & Customer Focused Role
- Join a high-performing team
- Busy Whanarei Branch
We are looking for a professional driver with a clean driving record and motivated to safely make customer deliveries and pick-ups around the region in our HIAB truck. This role is essential in ensuring our products safely arrive on time and in top condition to meet our customers' high expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering orders safely and on time
- Driving in a manner that is in line with the road code and Hynds' safety expectations
- Unloading and loading of the truck and customer vehicles
- Provide customers with professional sales support and service
- Assisting in the branch yard
- Administration/office support
What you will bring to the role:
- Full NZ driver licence class 4 or 5 required with experience
- A minimum of 1-year HIAB experience is essential
- F & W Endorsements are beneficial but not essential
- Forklift experience is advantageous
- Understand the importance of safety at all times
- Managing and monitoring maintenance of the vehicle
- Ability to coordinate deliveries with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt easily to new situations
- Attention to detail with paperwork and administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A customer focus with the ability to engage with clients and colleagues
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need the legal eligibility to work in NZ.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration with Southern Cross health insurance
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
This position offers a unique career opportunity and a challenge where you can make a real impact.