Yard & Forklift Operator - Hornby
- Do you take pride in getting the job done safely and efficiently?
- Family Owned NZ Business
- Hornby Factory Location
We are currently seeking an all-round Yard & Forklift Operator to work night shift at our busy manufacturing site in Hornby. This role will be accountable for ensuring the safe and efficient delivery and stacking of concrete and related products. You will need to be flexible to work across both day shifts (commence at 5am) and night shifts (commence at 4pm) based on production requirements.
- Reviewing and completing the daily task report for the forklift
- Delivering products by safely and efficiently operating the forklift around the manufacturing site
- Receiving inwards goods
- Cleaning of forklift as and when required
- Assisting with general yard duties
- Ad-hoc support of the other yard staff
- Following all health safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on vehicles
What you will bring to the role?
- Class 1 with F OSH endorsements
- 2+ years recent operating experience of a large forklift (5 - 8 tonne)
- Experience working with civil construction/building/manufacturing industry
- Experience working with precast concrete products is advantageous
- Able to take direction and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in communicating in English (verbal and written)
- Strong commitment to safety, health & environmental responsibilities
- Flexible with being able to work on your own and within a team environment
- Excellent personal time keeping skills
- A reasonable level of physical fitness