Yard & Forklift Operator - Hornby
- Do you take pride in getting the job done safely and efficiently?
- Family Owned NZ Business
- Hornby Factory Location
We are currently seeking an all-round Yard & Forklift Operator to work across our day & night shifts at our busy manufacturing site in Hornby. This role will be accountable for ensuring the safe and efficient delivery and stacking of concrete and related products. You will need to be flexible to work across both day shifts (commence at 5am) and night shifts (commence at 4pm) based on production requirements.
- Reviewing and completing the daily task report for the forklift
- Delivering products by safely and efficiently operating the forklift around the manufacturing site
- Receiving inwards goods
- Cleaning of forklift as and when required
- Assisting with general yard duties
- Ad-hoc support of the other yard staff
- Following all health safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks on vehicles
What you will bring to the role?
- Class 1 with F OSH endorsements
- 2+ years recent operating experience of a large forklift (5 - 8 tonne)
- Experience working with civil construction/building/manufacturing industry
- Experience working with precast concrete products is advantageous
- Able to take direction and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in communicating in English (verbal and written)
- Strong commitment to safety, health & environmental responsibilities
- Flexible with being able to work on your own and within a team environment
- Excellent personal time keeping skills
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. You will also need the legal eligibility to work in NZ.
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration with Southern Cross health insurance
- A Values focused and supportive environment
- Career, learning & development opportunities
At Hynds, we are New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of wastewater and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned since 1973 and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. We are committed to helping our team succeed and believe in the Hynds values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
This position offers a unique career opportunity and a challenge where you can make a real impact.