Field Service and R&D Technician
- Join a market leader in IoT Smart Cities Instrumentation
- Competitive rate and medical cover
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Sitting within the Hynds Group, Smarterwater is a market leading New Zealand developer of three waters infrastructure IoT devices. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Working from our East Tamaki Support Centre we are looking for a field-based, customer focused Service Technician for this newly created role to provide post-trial and installation support and field service to our range of IoT hardware and software solution products that cater to multiple applications from effluent disposal and rural water management, to stormwater and urban wastewater monitoring. You will be responsible for providing on-site servicing, product trouble shooting and root cause analysis with a strong focus on continuous improvement. Ultimately, your success will rely on keeping our customers happy while working effectively and efficiently within the wider Hynds team.
- Deployment and retrieval of units in the field
- Conducting and supervising field trials
- Lab/workshop testing including completing test reports with findings on specific initiatives
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Completing reports highlighting product improvement opportunities
- Providing in field support and training to customers and clients
- Providing product related feedback from customer/client site visits
- Resolving customer email and phone technical enquiries and handling warranty claims
- Record keeping including project support documentation and costings and technical details
- Contributing to product development and QA opportunities
- Interacting with specialist third party design and testing firms
Experience, Skills and Attributes needed to be successful in this role:
- Engineering qualification or equivalent relevant work experience
- Mechanical and electrical systems experience
- Proven mechanical problem-solving and critical thinking ability
- Ability to execute site works and work in with customer teams
- Ability to interpret plans and technical drawings
- Strong customer focus with a positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- Ability to work autonomously with good time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player that is flexible, reliable customer focused, communicates effectively, operates in a respectful and supportive manner, shares openly and willingly and is an active participant
- Strong safety mindset
- Able to undertake short periods of travel within NZ if required
- Reasonable level of physical fitness
- Competent computer skills; Word and Excel proficiency preferred
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.
Opportunities like this don't come up too often so apply now!