Steel Fixer - Palmerston North
- A hands-on busy Steel Fixing role
- Based at our Manufacturing site in Palmerston North
- NZ Family Owned Business
We are currently seeking Precast Steel Fixers for our manufacturing site in Palmerston North. This role will be responsible for assisting in the production of quality precast concrete products.
Role responsibilities includes:
- Assembly of components to produce steel reinforcement for concrete products
- Accurately interpreting and read drawings to schedules
- Installing mesh and reinforcing steel
- Setup precast moulds as per the Standard Operating Procedure. B
- Work to schedules and production targets
- Keeping a clean and tidy work environment
- Follow all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks
What you will bring:
- Previous reinforcement experience working with precast concrete products
- Previous experience reading plans/drawings
- Class 1, F OSH endorsement an advantage
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work outside
- Accurate time keeping with the ability to work to deadlines
- Understanding and experience with NZ manufacturing safety standards
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Why join Hynds:
- Southern Cross medical insurance cover
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
Hynds is committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment medical and alcohol & drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.