Driver & Yard Operator - Tauranga
- Family owned industry market leader
- Join a high-performing team
- Your local Tauranga branch
The purpose of the role is to deliver customer orders and provide customers with excellent service. You will keep the yard in a tidy condition and operate the forklift in a safe way whilst ensuring products are moved carefully in a safe, timely and efficient manner
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering orders safely and on time
- Driving in a manner that is in line with the road code and Hynds' safety expectations
- Unloading and loading of the truck and customer vehicles
- Ensure that stacks are correctly built and chocked to avoid product damage or safety issues
- Provide customers with professional sales support and service
- Administration/office support
What you will bring to Hynds:
- Class 2 Licence - F Endorsement
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
- Understand the importance of safety at all times
- Proven Driving and Customer Service experience
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to new situations
- Good level of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - demonstrate high levels of professionalism and attention to detail
- You will be self-confident, and you will be able to approach and engage effectively with customers
- A reasonable level of physical fitness.
Why join Hynds:
- Southern Cross medical cover
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand's premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what's right and where we connect with our customers.
Hynds is committed to high levels of health and safety. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment medical and alcohol & drug screen, along with satisfactorily passing a criminal history check. You will also need the legal right to work in NZ.